ENVIRONMENTAL COMPLIANCE OFFICER:
Environmental Compliance Officer (ECO) Information
ECO Green Binder Documents
Every ECO must have a binder or folder containing all of the following documents.
Click the links to download a copy and print (two-sided please).
- Binder Templates (contains the index, dividers, contact list, website list, ECO poster, Hazardous Chemical Inventory Form, and Spill Response Plan)
- Index – See Binder Templates
- Section 1: Environmental Compliance Officer
- Your ECO Appointment Orders
- ECO Course Training Certificates – Obtained from attending ECO Course. Please include certificates of Primary and Alternate ECO.
- Hazardous Substance Management Training Certificate (If Applicable) – Obtained from Hazardous Substance Management Training. Required for all personnel involved in handling or storing hazardous materials or waste. Contact Heather Thomas (751-4231) to schedule training.
- Annual Environmental Awareness Training Records (Course Material and Attendance Roster) – Records of training given in your areas.
- Sustainability Management System (SMS) Training Certificate – Obtained from Sustainability Management System Training. Contact Tameria Warren (751-9505) to schedule training.
- Annual SMS Training Records (Course Material and Attendance Roster) – Records of training given in your areas.
- Section 2: Environmental Resources
- Environmental Point of Contact List – See Binder Templates
- Environmental Websites – See Binder Templates (Can be used as training aids)
- ECO Poster – See Binder Templates – MUST be prominently displayed on Safety Board and at or near Hazardous Materials storage areas!
- Section 3: Environmental Compliance Assessment Records/Documents
- Monthly Environmental Compliance Checklists (May 2017) – MUST be completed monthly!
- Hazardous Waste SAA/CSA Inspection Forms (If Applicable)
- Washrack/OWS Inspections (If Applicable)
- Internal Environmental Compliance (IEC) Assessment Reports – Provided by Environmental after each assessment
- Records of Environmental Consideration (RECs) (Pending and Complete) – Must be submitted prior to any project
- Section 4: Hazardous Chemical Inventory Form (HCIF)
- Hazardous Chemical Inventory Forms (June 2015) – MUST be completed monthly!
- Section 5: Environmental Compliance Resource Documents/Regulations
- Environmental Guidebook (May 2017)
- Hazardous Substance Management Plan (September 2014)
- Army Regulation 200-1
- Fort Jackson Regulation 200-8
- Fort Jackson Regulation 200-9 (Qualified Recycling Program)
- Unit/Activity Environmental SOP – Update as necessary
- Section 6: Spill Response
- Spill Response Plan – Must be posted near all above ground storage tanks and storage areas