Fort Jackson, South Carolina
In 2005, the Base Realignment and Closure Commission decided to put all military ministry training at the same location.
The purpose of the AFCC is to have closer cooperation among the three chaplain corps and to share instruction and training.
The U.S. Army Chaplain School was approved on 9 February 1918. Its first session began on 3 March 1918, at Fort Monroe, Virginia. Chaplain (MAJ) Aldred A. Pruden, who developed the plan for the school, was named the first commandant of the school. It subsequently moved to Camp Zachary Taylor (Kentucky), Camp Grant (Illinois), Fort Leavenworth (Kansas), Fort Benjamin Harrison (Indiana), Harvard University (Massachusetts), Fort Devens (Mass.), Fort Oglethorpe (Georgia), Carlisle Barracks (Pennsylvania), Fort Slocum (New York) (1951–62), Fort Hamilton (N.Y.) (1962–74), Fort Wadsworth (N.Y.) (1974–79), and Fort Monmouth (New Jersey) (1979–95).
|CHIEF OF CHAPLAINS BIOGRAPHY||COMMANDANT’S READING LIST||CHIEF OF CHAPLAINS STRATEGIC ROADMAP|